Summertime = down time for many people. If you enjoy having a summer reading list, consider upping your time spent reading God’s Word — the Bible!
Here’s a few podcasts, drawn from my archives at Among Women, that might inspire you along the way.
AW 92: The Bible and You – listen as Among Women listeners share their favorite bible verses, and I share resources for your bible study.
AW 70: The Professor and St Paul – Professor Mary Ward, a PhD in theology, shares her love of St Paul.
AW 8: The Gospel of Mark – Professor Mary Healy, a PhD in theology, shares her love of Scripture. Dr Healy is one of the key developers and editors of the Catholic Commentary on Scripture. Dr Healy’s book on Mark is here. (You might also get a kick from knowing this is one of the earliest AW podcasts – dating all the way back to 2009)
A few more articles and resources:
- Here are a few articles on Understanding the Bible, and Approved Translations from the USCCB.
- CatholicMom.com offers daily Gospel Reflections written by lay people. Why not read the daily Gospel, then use the reflection?
- Listen to Fr Robert Barron’s homily every Sunday.
- If you’re game to start a bible study in your parish, I highly recommend these resources from Ascension Press.
- Not a reader? Or maybe you just have a long commute every day? You might enjoy the dramatized audio-version of the Bible: Truth and Life.